*This is quite frankly the best meat loaf I've ever eaten. It's not your typical Ketchup or BBQ sauce meat loaf*
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup saltine cracker crumbs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 pounds ground beef ( I only used one 'tube' of turkey burger. approx 1 pound)
1 can (8oz) pizza sauce
3 slices mozzarella cheese, halved
optional toppings; green pepper rings, sliced mushrooms, fresh parsley sprigs
In a bowl, combine eggs, crumbs, milk, Parmesan cheese, onion, salt and oregano. Add beef mix well. Shape into a loaf and place in greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour-1 hour 15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Drain.
Spoon Pizza sause over loafl top with mozzarella cheese slices. Return to oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Meanwhile, if desired, saute green pepper and mushrooms in butter and arrange ontop of meat loaf. garnish with parsley if desired.
**Tracie, you'll have to post a comment with your add-in's. I know you said it was good, but I didn't remember exactly how you changed it up**
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup saltine cracker crumbs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 pounds ground beef ( I only used one 'tube' of turkey burger. approx 1 pound)
1 can (8oz) pizza sauce
3 slices mozzarella cheese, halved
optional toppings; green pepper rings, sliced mushrooms, fresh parsley sprigs
In a bowl, combine eggs, crumbs, milk, Parmesan cheese, onion, salt and oregano. Add beef mix well. Shape into a loaf and place in greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour-1 hour 15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Drain.
Spoon Pizza sause over loafl top with mozzarella cheese slices. Return to oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Meanwhile, if desired, saute green pepper and mushrooms in butter and arrange ontop of meat loaf. garnish with parsley if desired.
**Tracie, you'll have to post a comment with your add-in's. I know you said it was good, but I didn't remember exactly how you changed it up**
This sounds so yummy! I'm so trying this week!
ReplyDeleteThis is the best meatloaf that I have ever had. Thanks so much for the recipe, Breezi! The only change I made, was I added 1/4 cup of ketchup to my pizza sauce before putting it on top. It gave it that sweet, ketchup flavor that I love with my meatloaf while not taking away from the Italian flavors.
ReplyDelete