These are the absolute best and easiest butter rolls ever. The recipe is for a bread machine (dough cycle) however I have made them with my kitchen aid before and just did two 30 minute raising cycles.
2 Tbsp. Sugar
1 tsp Salt
2 3/4 Cups flour
2 tsp. active dry yeast (or one yeast packet)
1/4 cup water
1 egg
3/4 -7/8 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, softened.
Put into bread machine, hit dough cycle. 90 minute later you have some scrumptious rolls.
Cut into 12 pieces, put into 9x13 pan and let rise for 20 minutes (When I'm in a hurry, I sometimes skip this... it just make for a more dense roll).
Bake 350 degrees for 14-18 minutes.
*The brown flecks are shredded parmesan cheese. It's an easy dough to add things to.
*Also, this dough is very easy to freeze. Sometimes I will make a few extra batches, roll them up like butterhorn's (croissants) and freeze them in a pan for 30 minutes. I then take the dough out of the pans, and transfer to zip lock baggies. When I'm ready to use the frozen dough, I place into a greased 9X13, let thaw/raise for 1 hour, and bake normally.
No comments:
Post a Comment