Thursday, March 26, 2009

Asian Pork Kabobs

I know that this recipe is on the ward's cooking site, but I thought it was so darn good and worth mentioning on our cooking blog as well.
I got it off of the Taste of Home website.


Ingredients:
1/4 Cup Teriyaki sauce
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons sesame oil
2 Tablespoons honey
2 Teaspoons sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 medium onion, quartered, then cut into 1-inch cubes
1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces


Directions:
In a bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce, vinegar,oil, honey and hot pepper sauce. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
Drain and discard marinade. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the pork, onion and red pepper.
Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and meat is no longer pink, turning occasionally and basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Yield: 4 servings.

I don't own a grill, so I had to switch it up a bit. After I put the stuff on the kabob I baked it for about 18-25 minutes with my oven at 350 degrees. Turns out just the same. I also didn't baste it and it turned out fine.

Caution: That Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce will kick you in the bum! The first time I made this, I actually added more than 2 teaspoons, thinking that it wasn't going to give it a kick. Boy was I wrong! Alli kept saying that there was a volcano erupting in her tummy.

Serve these kabobs up with some rice....... super yummy!

3 comments:

  1. I saw this on the cooking group site and was so impressed and had on my list to try! Thanks for posting pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried it and LOVED IT!! The whole family loved them. I only added 1/2 tsp of hot sauce and I couldn't added a little more. It was a great meal and healthy too! Thanks B!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this recipe. It was scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete