As per Lora's request, here are those stuffed tomatoes that I had at the jewelry party. I didn't take pictures, since I haven't made them except for that party. Too bad Chip hates mayo.... I'll just have to eat a whole batch by myself.. hee.. hee
16-20 Cherry Tomatoes (I couldn't find cherry tomatoes, so I used tomatoes that were smaller than Roma's but bigger than cherry. if that makes sense)
1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup mayo (probably wouldn't work well with Miracle Whip)
1/3 cup chopped green onions
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (I think I put a little more than double that... )
2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley (I chopped it finely)
Cut a thin slick off each tomato top. Scoop out and discard pulp. Invert the tomatoes on a paper towel to drain. In a small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients; mix well. Spoon into tomatoes. Refrigerate for several hours. (I think I may have refrigerated for like an hour max. I think they taste better a little cooler than room temp. It's easier to taste all of the flavors that way.)
Even if you don't feel like going through all the work to scoop out all tomatoes, but want to dice them and add them into mixture, it would taste wonderful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks Breezi! I can't wait to bring these to a ward function.
ReplyDeleteI remember these... SO GOOD! I am glad to have the recipe. Thanks B-Rad.
ReplyDelete