Like most of you, I had a ton of leftover turkey from Thanksgiving that I needed to use up. I wanted to make some Turkey Noodle soup.... but after looking around the internet for recipes, I didn't really find anything that looked awesome. So... once again, I made up my own.
- Then I realized that I didn't have any egg noodles... so I made my own too! Yum!
Noodles:
2 Cups Flour
1/4 Cup + 1 Tablespoon Milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
Soup:
2 cartons of Chicken broth (32oz) or 8 Cups
1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
3-4 stalks celery chopped
1 lg onion (I used 3 small)
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 Cups diced/shredded turkey or chicken
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoons garlic salt
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon pepper
directions:
Bring to boil- all ingredients except for turkey/chicken and seasonings - Cover so it doesn't evaporate the broth
Make noodle dough. Roll dough on floured surface until really thin. Use pizza cutter and cut into strips. (how long you want your noodles is your choice- I made mine anywhere from an inch to an inch and a half long)
This is important so you don't have noodle globs- Add noodles to boiling pot of broth/veggies one at a time & only a handful at a time. If you don't space out your 'noodle entry'- they glob together and cook into one mass. It takes a few minutes to add all the noodles. (I added the next round of noodles once the previously added noodles started to float to the top)
Once noodles are all added add the chicken/turkey and the spices (to taste). Simmer for 30 minutes. (covered)
I added shredded Parmesan cheese to the soup as a garnish. Yum!
** When you store the leftovers, be sure that you have extra chicken broth on hand to add- as the noodles soak up all of the liquid when stored. **
-> I hate to brag, but Chip says this is one of my winning recipes. Score!
No comments:
Post a Comment