This is one of the go-to dishes in our house. I usually have enough ingredients on hand (and I can improvise.) Everyone eats it and it takes 20 minutes from start to table. We usually serve it with a salad and/or rolls.
Ingredients:
One box of pasta. We used Penne for this, but you could use bow tie, wagon wheel, Rotini.... you get the picture. Any sort of pasta will pretty much do.
Two different colors of peppers (yellow, orange, green, red)
One medium onion
2 teaspoons garlic
2-3 Roma tomatoes
1/4 cup Italian dressing
1/2-1 cup Parmesan cheese. (divided- some for garnish)
1 'log' sausage
(I've used smoked sausage, kielbasa sausage, chicken- whatever I have on hand. I took a picture of the package I used this time. This package came with two links or logs of sausage, I used only one of them... and then stuck the other in the freezer for the next time I make this recipe)
optional ingredient: White wine (Pinot Grigio)
Directions:
1-Cook pasta as directed.
2-Dice peppers, tomatoes, onion and garlic. Saute them in a pan together until tender. (I've done this in oil or butter-) Add about 1/4-1/3 cup white wine and let it simmer off. (It makes for a really good flavor- and the alcohol burns off)
3-Chop sausage (I usually quarter the link, and then dice from there.) Add to veggie mixture and let it simmer with the wine.
Put the combine pasta and veggie/sausage mix in large bowl. Toss together. Add Italian dressing and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and toss again.
Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired.
It's delish for leftovers, as the flavors all meld together overnight.
**Wine tip: I'm not a wine-o. (although, if it weren't against my religion, I'd totally become one... ask Chip, he'd do the same thing... lol) Anyway, I don't want the wine to lose it's flavor, so I buy it is the 4 single-serve packs at the store. It costs usually $5-$6. I just open up one little bottle at a time and save the rest for later.. keeping in the flavor.
I've tried cooking with "cooking wine" and it just doesn't give it the same gusto.
No comments:
Post a Comment