Saturday, November 13, 2010

BBQ Chicken Pizza

When Chip was attending OSU we decided walk around down there and see what campus had to offer. We popped into this pizzeria that was down there at dinner time, and asked the man behind the counter for their most popular item they sold (One of the few times we didn't look at a menu, and just said "Bring it".) He brought us out this BBQ Chicken Pizza- the strange thing that was on it: Corn. Weird. We gave it a shot and LOVED it! I have sense recreated the pizza- and we still love eating it. We also noticed that the BBQ sauce didn't have any vinegar type of taste to it, so I also recreated that too. Yummers.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Crust: I used Leah's Pizza Crust recipe. Found here.
(I divided the crust in half and rolled out a little thinner to make for a bigger pizza.)
(I made a cheese pizza for the girls out of the other half.)

Sauce:
2/3 cup BBQ sauce (Traditional)
1/4 cup Teriyaki sauce
Mixed together and spread over crust

Toppings:
1/2 cup corn (Frozen or canned)
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
2 cups cheese (I used 2% skim milk cheddar cheese- lower fat/calories)
1 large chicken breast (marinated in Teriyaki sauce- cooked and cubed)
3 strips of bacon (I used Turkey Bacon- cooked and diced.)
1/4 chopped green onion

Layer toppings on pizza as listed.

Bake pizza for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.

{I sliced the pizza into 8 slices. Each slice ends up being 6 WW points}

No comments:

Post a Comment