Sunday, October 3, 2010

Baked Potato Soup


I had a bunch of potatoes that needed something done with them, so I though potato soup was the way to go. After searching thought a bunch of recipes- none of them seemed quite right... so, I decided to make my own. It was awesome!

6-9 medium sized baked potatoes, diced
** (Poke potatoes with fork randomly- throw in oven for 70 minutes at 350 degrees let cool to room temp. I baked mine the night before and just put them in the fridge over night)**
1 can of cream of chicken soup
5-6 cups of chicken broth
1 cup (8oz) sour cream
1/2 pound (about 7 -8 strips) of bacon- cooked then diced/crumbled.
1 medium-large onion diced
To thicken soup, I also added about 2 tablespoons of corn starch mixed in a cup with 1/4 cup water.

Throw into a crockpot and mix together. Cook for 5-8 hours .


Garnish with cheddar cheese and green onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment