So here's the breakdown:
Chicken:Marinate 2 lg chicken breasts with 1/2 cup Zesty Italian salad dressing, 2 Tablespoons garlic salt, and 1 teaspoon sea salt. Marinate for about 2 hours- then either grill or in a non-stick frying pan cook them up until done. Chop into little bite size.
Cilantro Lime Rice:
Cook rice (1 1/2 cup rice to 3 cups water and a hint of salt) When done add in a handful of diced cilantro and squeeze 1 lime over rice and fluff.
Black Beans:
Open up a can and microwave it until warm. (I'm just that cool.)
Fresh salsa:
Finely Dice and mix the following:
1 medium onion
5 Roma tomatoes
1 handful cilantro
1 3 cloves garlic (or 1 Tablespoon minced garlic... which is what I did)
Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon lemon juice (I used concentrate.)
(Makes about 2 - 2 1/2 cups of salsa..... so, so, so good.)
You can also add chopped lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese- or substitute the chicken for beef or pork- or black beans for pinto beans.
Once everything is done just assemble ingredients onto a tortilla. Roll up and enjoy.
(You can even skip the tortilla and layer it in a bowl.... just as good.)
I am soooooo excited to try this!!
ReplyDelete