I wanted to make a lighter version of Death By Chocolate cake- and much to my surprise... it was FANTASTIC!
4 eggs
1 cup low-fat sour cream
1/2 Cup water
1/2 Cup applesauce
1 lg box instant sugar-free chocolate pudding
1 box your favorite chocolate cake mix (I used Chocolate Fudge by Betty Crocker)
12 oz of choc. chips (I used 6 oz Hershey's Special Dark chip and 6 oz Hershey's Milk Choc. chips)
Mix eggs, sour cream, water, and applesauce together. Add pudding and cake mix. Mix well. Then add chocolate chips. Pour batter into a greased Bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
When cool, put on a plate and top with optional toppings:
Powdered sugar
Ganache glaze
Hot fudge with choc. chips sprinkled on.
Use your imagination! Possibilities are endless!
(To use the full fat version of the recipe use equal amounts of regular sour cream, oil instead of applesauce, and regular pudding)
No comments:
Post a Comment