Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Snickerdoodles

I haven't made snickerdoodles in like for-ever... for some reason they never 'call to me'....and I realized that my children have never eaten them! I had to fix that.

I found this recipe over at Annie's Eats

With a crunchy edge, and soft chewy middle- These cookies disappeared in record time.

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups (11 1/4 oz.) unbleached all-purpose flour
2tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
12 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened but still cool
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, plus 3 tbsp. for rolling dough
2 large eggs
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon, for rolling dough

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix all ingredients together- except for extra sugar/cinnamon.

Roll dough into little balls.

Mix cinnamon and sugar together. Roll the dough balls into the cinnamon/sugar mix.

Place on cookie sheet, but be sure to leave room between cookie balls as these cookies spread.

Bake 9-11 minutes.


Seriously. They are so, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment