-1 box (18.25 Oz. Box) Brownies
Additional Required Ingredients Specified In Mix Package (typically Water, Eggs And Oil)
-½ cups Salted Peanuts {I chopped mine}
-1 cup Chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups {1 bag Reese's peanut butter chips}
-1-½ cup Milk Chocolate Chips {1 bag Hershey's choc. chips}
-1-½ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
-½ Tablespoons Butter
-1-½ cup Rice Krispie Cereal {2 cups crushed rice chex}
Directions:
Mix brownies according to directions (you’ll typically need water, eggs, and oil, as directed in mix package), and bake for 20-25 minutes in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Remove and top with peanuts and peanut butter cups, and bake for 4-6 minutes more.
{I baked the brownies probably 5 minutes less than called for, because I didn't want over done brownies. Then I removed, added chopped peanuts and chopped peanut butter chips on top and did 5 minutes more baking}
While they are finishing baking, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Stir in cereal. Remove brownies from oven and evenly pour chocolate mixture over the top.
Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
{as if I'd wait two hours.... let's try 45 minutes! }
** Don't make this recipe if you don't have a gallon of milk handy! It's so DELISH and so thick and rich that you need something to help it down the hatch.
Everyone liked it's rich chocolaty taste, peanut butter creaminess and crunch of the peanuts and cereal. We will certainly be making this again!
No comments:
Post a Comment