I'm a huge fan of Sister's Cafe and I ran across this recipe and I thought I'd go ahead and try it. I was instantly a huge fan! Yum Yum!!
1/2 head of lettuce (Your choice- Romaine, Iceburg, etc...)
1/2 bag spinach
1/8 cup diced red onion
1-2 cups Chicken- diced. (Grill with LOTS of lemon pepper seasoning)
4-6 strips of crispy bacon (I used Turkey bacon)
1/2 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese
Toasted almonds (opt.)
and the thing that pulls it all together: THE DRESSING!
(This recipe makes a TON. I halved it and I got almost 2 cups of dressing- and you only need about 2-3 TBS for a huge plate of salad)
1 1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp salt
2 tsp dry mustard
2/3 red wine vinegar
3 TB Maui or Vidalia onion
2 Cups canola oil
3 TB poppy seeds
(her directions:) Mix the first 5 ingredients in a blender than slowly add the oil, blending until thick. Stir in poppy seeds. Toss all ingredients together with generous amount of dressing before serving.
(my directions:) Place all the ingredients into the blender. Plate salad dry- as husband doesn't want to try new dressing. Drizzle dressing over one's own salad. Enjoy.
I could seriously eat this salad at least 3 times a week. It's that good. Everything together makes the flavors just POP.
All of these new recipes look so yummy!! I have a few to post myself. This salad looks to die for, can't wait to try!
ReplyDelete