
As promised...
(Make sure you read all the directions for list of ingredients!)
Cafe Rio Pork:
6lbs pork
1 ( 16oz ) bottle Salsa
1 Can Dr. Pepper
1-1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
Place pork in crock pot and fill 1/2 way with water. Cook on high for 5
hours. Drain Water. Cut pork in thirds. Mix together Salsa, Dr pepper and
brown sugar and pour on top of pork. Cook an additional 3 hours on high.
Shred when done.
Cafe Rio Tomatillo Dressing
2 minced Garlic cloves
3 tomatillos
1 pckg Buttermilk ranch seasoning
1 cup cilantro
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 cup Mayo.
Blend in blender until smooth.
Lime -Cilantro Rice ( EASY WAY!!!)
2 cups Minute rice - cook according to box
*add 1 bunch cilantro and 4 garlic cloves into pan and saute. Add juice from
2 limes into rice and mix all ingredients together.
To assemble (this is how we do it):
Do an open face quesadia in a frying pan. Put on plate. Place as follows or your own way: Rice, black beans, lettuce, pork, roasted corn, and dressing.
Ohhhhhh soooooo good!
That looks AWESOME!
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting it, with the picture :)
Thanks so much, LORA!!! I cannot wait to make this. I have been missing Cafe Rio since we moved to Ohio. You totally satisfied my craving with this recipe. Can't wait to try it.
ReplyDeleteI just made these for dinner tonight. OH MY GOODNESS!!! This is by far the yummiest thing that I have ever made. My husband was raving about it, and it tastes EXACTLY like Cafe Rio. Thanks again, Lora. This is delish!!!
ReplyDeleteNo prob bob!! I'm so glad you guys liked it!!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I finally got around to making this. Can I just say... I'm IN LOVE!! Holy Yum Yum batman!
ReplyDeleteEven Chip loves it!
I knew you'd like it!! Isn't that sauce to die for.
ReplyDelete